The Barkhausen Institute performs research on the latest hardware, software and communication technologies and demonstrates their application in tomorrow's society. Our goal is to build a flexible and trustworthy IoT platform based on reliable electronics and secure communication methods. At the earliest possible date we are looking for a
We offer a position for a
Security & Privacy Researcher (m/f/d)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and development of tailored security and privacy solutions for specific use-cases and application domains
- Creation of more general frameworks and models for enabling security and privacy in the domain of Internet of Things
- Analysis and evaluation of existing security and privacy solutions
- Participation in writing project proposals, project management and creating project deliverables
We expect the following:
- Above-average MSc/Diploma or PhD degree in areas related to our research focus (Computer Science with special focus on IT-security & privacy) from renowned universities.
- Good communication and writing skills in English.
- An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills.
- Excellent knowledge in the fields of IT-security and privacy-enhancing technologies with special focus on Internet of Things, Cloud Computing (especially Edge Clouds) and 5G.
- Prior experience regarding theoretical analysis of privacy properties as well as formal security proofs would be highly appreciated.
- Knowledge or even research experience in the field of privacy-respecting artificial intelligence / big data processing will be very valuable
- A candidate with prior research experience in designing and developing solutions in the field of IT-security and privacy enhancing technologies will be preferred.
You will join a team of enthusiastic scientists who creatively pursue our research agenda.
- Your application should include: motivation letter, CV, copy of university degree certificate, short summary of Master or PhD thesis.
- Applications from women are particularly welcome
- Complete applications should be submitted by e-mail as a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal inquiries can also be submitted to the same address.
The data submitted by you in the course of the application procedure will be processed by the Barkhausen Institut (BI). BI shall use the data for the purposes of the application procedure. No data shall be passed on to third parties.