Localisation: Télécom SudParis
9 rue Charles Fourier, 91011 Evry Cedex, FRANCE (near Paris)
Entity/Service: Wireless Networks and Multimedia Services Department (RS2M)
Position of supervisor: Head of the RS2M department
Contract type Permanent contract
1.1 IMT Presentation
Institut Mines-Télécom is a public institution dedicated to higher education and research for innovation in the fields of engineering and digital technology. Always tuned in to the economic world, it combines high academic and scientific legitimacy with a concrete presence alongside companies and a unique focus on the major transformations of the 21st century: digital technologies, the environment and energy, industry and education. Its training and research for innovation are conducted in the Mines and Télécom Graduate Schools under the supervision of the Minister for Industry and Electronic Communications, in two subsidiaries and in institutions that are associate partners or under contract. Institut Mines-Télécom is a founding member of the Industry of the Future Alliance. It has two Carnot labels for the quality of its research partnerships. Every year, around seventy startup companies leave its incubators.
1.2 School Presentation
Telecom SudParis is a public graduate school for engineering, which has been recognized on the highest level in the domain of digital technology. The quality of its courses is founded on the scientific excellence of its faculty and on teaching techniques that emphasize project management, innovation and intercultural understanding. Telecom SudParis is part of the Institut Mines-Telecom, the number one group of engineering schools in France, under the supervision of the Minister for Industry. Telecom SudParis with Ecole Polytechnique, ENSTA Paris, ENSAE Paris and Telecom Paris are co-founders of the Institut Polytechnique de Paris, an institute of Science and Technology with an international vocation.
Its assets include: a personalized course, varied opportunities, the no.3 incubator in France, an ICT research center, an international campus shared with Institut Mines-Telecom Business School and over 60 student societies and clubs.
2. MISSIONS AND ACTIVITIES
- Course work and curriculum design with teaching in optimization (combinatorial and convex), applied math, learning and artificial intelligence in our undergraduate and graduate programs (LMD), in co-op programs and in continuing education offered by Télécom SudParis and “Institut Polytechnique de Paris”.
- Application of the afore mentioned disciplines to networks and network science would be a plus to address future digital infrastructures, future networks and services and advanced applications
- Research and innovation in computer and telecommunications networks and services
- Active involvement in collaborative and externally funded research at the national, European and international levels including industrially funded contracts
- Active contribution to scientific excellence through top ranked publications and contributions to the institution’s outreach
- Design and teaching of courses (formal courses and practical work) in optimization, applied math, machine learning and artificial intelligence and their application to vertical industries in general and to networks in particular with emphasis on network science development
- Establish and coordinate educational teams responsible for the university’s education programs and curricula in the afore mentioned disciplines and fields
- Advise students at undergraduate and graduate levels including senior projects, internships with industry, supervise master and doctoral theses.
- Participate in the enrolment and recruiting process of new students (entry exams, applicant interviews for the engineering, master and doctoral programs)
- Conduct leading and outstanding fundamental and applied research in the desired area of specialization including: optimization (combinatorial and convex), applied math, machine learning and artificial intelligence as a central activity and applications to networks and networks science as a (highly desired) secondary activity
- Advise and manage undergraduate and graduate students (in the undergraduate, master and doctoral programs)
- Ability to establish and manage scientifically and financially new collaborative projects involving academic and industrial partners in national, European and international contracts
- Exceptional communication skills, financial acumen and the potential to fundraise are essential.
- Proven scientific record and ability to publish in top ranked journals and international conferences expected in optimization, applied math and artificial intelligence with application to networks and network science
3. TRAINING AND SKILLS
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in operations research (with emphasis on optimization – combinatorial and convex) and applied math and possibly in computer science or in a closely related field.
- Successful candidates must have a strong commitment to high quality research and teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as service.
- Applicants should have demonstrated an excellent record of research publications, in securing external funding (for senior ranks), and evidence of high-quality teaching. Experience in academic and industrial grants and active involvement in related projects expected
- Fluency in French and English are essential
- International and professional experience desired (industrial, academic, post-docs, sabbatical …)
- Links and cooperation with international partners and scholars in the afore mentioned disciplines and fields and their applications to vertical industries, digital infrastructures and use for network science
Advanced education and experience expected in:
- Theory and practice with a strong scientific background and in-depth knowledge of optimization (combinatorial and convex), applied math in general, machine learning and artificial intelligence applied to networks and network science services
- Knowledge of computer and communications networks highly desired to address the needs of future digital infrastructures and advanced applications in terms of optimization, control and management
Abilities and Skills:
- Autonomous, Self-Reliant, Cooperative, Dependable, Strong team leadership and teamwork abilities
- Good organization, analysis and synthesis skills
- Inter-personal skills and responsiveness
4. OTHER INFORMATION AND HOW TO APPLY
Candidature deadline: April, 24th 2020
Mr. Djamal ZEGHLACHE firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: Motivation Letter
Work notice about our past and future activities in teaching and research (the 2 types of activity must be described with the same care for rigor and precision)
List of the main publications
Full addresses and positions of two referees
To send to:
9 Rue Charles Fourier
91000 Evry - FRANCE
Information of the candidate on the processing of personal data: https://bit.ly/2QeOZhl