The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg is recruiting:
Doctoral researchers (PhD students) in Finance
A specialisation is foreseen in Sustainable Finance
- 36 months fixed-term contract, extendable to 48 month if required
- Full-time position (40 h/week)
- Employee and student status
- Number of positions: 3
- The doctoral researchers will be working within the Department of Finance. The doctoral researchers are expected to contribute to research projects in the area of Sustainable Finance.
- The candidates’ main task will be to prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of Sustainable Finance under the supervision of a Professor at the Faculty of Law, Economics, and Finance. The thesis work will be undertaken at the University of Luxembourg but can also be jointly-supervised with another university.
- Contribute to the teaching of classes ranging from one to three hours per week, of small group teachings and tutorials.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business Education or related fields like Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.
- Have the linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment: fluency in English is required, fluency in French or German will be considered an advantage.
- Fully-funded position with a competitive salary.
- Regular personal exchanges with the supervisor and the members of the thesis committee, and a high quality research environment provided by the Doctoral School of Economics, Finance, and Management.
- An exciting international and multilingual research environment.
- Personal work space at the University.
- Gender-friendly workplace.
Applications should be submitted online, advertised until filled. The application must include the following:
- A motivation letter.
- A detailed curriculum vitae.
- A transcript of concluded university studies.
- The name, current position and relationship to the applicant, of one referee.
For more information concerning this position, please contact Prof. Ulf von Lilienfeld-Toal (Ulf.vonLilienfeld-Toal@uni.lu) or Christian Wolff (Christian.WOLFF@uni.lu).
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.