The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is continuously seeking to hire highly motivated and outstanding researchers to work on different enabling technologies for the next generation (Beyond 5G/6G) wireless communications networks for its Interdisciplinary Centre of Security and Trust (SnT), within the Signal Processing and Communications (SigCom) research group, led by Prof. Björn Ottersten and Prof. Symeon Chatzinotas.
The SigCom research group at the SnT carries out research activities in the areas of signal processing for wireless communication systems including satellite communications and radar systems, and is rapidly expanding its research areas to various enabling technologies for beyond 5G/6G wireless networks. For details, you may refer to the following: https://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/sigcom.
Research Associate (Postdoc) in Beyond 5G/6G Wireless Communications Technologies (m/f)
- Fixed-term Contract: 2 years (CDD), full-time 40 hrs/week
- Number of positions: Many
- Deadline: open until filled
The successful candidate is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Carry out novel research works in some of the following domains
- Novel communications technologies for Beyond 5G/6G networks and services
- Cellular, UAV, IoT, Tactile Internet, MEC, V2X, D2D, M2M, eMBB, mMTC and URLLC
- Machine learning/deep learning techniques and Artificial Intelligence for wireless communications
- Reinforcement learning, active learning, transfer learning, federated learning and interpretable/explainable AI
- Software defined networking, network virtualization and network slicing for wireless networks
- Energy-efficient communication technologies
- Energy harvesting, SWIPT, backscatter communications and reconfigurable intelligent surfaces
- Advanced multi-antenna technologies for B5G/6G wireless networks
- Massive MIMO, cell-free massive MIMO, beamspace massive MIMO, active antennas, smart antennas, precoding, hybrid analog-digital beamforming and 3D beamforming
- Communications technologies at the higher frequencies
- mmWave, TeraHertz and optical
- Communication technologies for Tactile Internet applications including wireless augmented/virtual reality and teleoperation systems
- Quantum-assisted communication technologies for 6G wireless networks
- Coordinating research projects and preparing project deliverables
- Disseminating results through scientific publications and conferences
- Preparing new research proposals to attract industrial, national and European projects
- Providing assistance in the supervision of PhD students
- A PhD degree in wireless communications, signal processing, machine/deep learning or a closely related field in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Should have published at least 3 journal papers in top 10% international journals of the field, and/or should have strong experimentation background and experience of working in industries or university laboratories
- Sound publication track-record on one or some of the following areas: wireless communications technologies, signal processing for communications, machine/deep learning, UAVs, MTC/IoT communication techniques/protocols, Terahertz communications, and Quantum communications
- Strong knowledge on some of the following: PHY and MAC layer design of 5G wireless systems, wireless IoT technologies, network virtualization, network slicing, graph signal processing, machine/deep learning techniques/tools and optimization methods.
- Strong programming skills in MATLAB, Python, R or C++
- Highly committed, excellent team-worker, and strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
The University offers an initial two-year employment contract, which may be extended up to five years. The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications, written in English should be submitted online and include:
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, work experience, publications)
- Cover letter indicating the research area of interest and your motivation
- A research statement (max. 1 page)
- Contact information for 3 referees
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
The applications will be evaluated on a monthly rotating basis and will be processed immediately thereafter. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.