The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education. The University`s core asset is its well-connected world-class academic staff which will attract the most motivated, talented and creative students and young researchers who will learn to enjoy taking up challenges and develop into visionary thinkers able to shape society.
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
The University of Luxembourg is seeking to make an appointment within its Research Support Department for the following position:
EU Support Officer
The incumbent is supposed to provide administrative support for the entity in order to provide outstanding EU grant management support. The incumbent is expected to accomplish and perform administrative organisational tasks as well as to process the correct, timely documentation of files, data and research information.
- Assist the Head of the Research Support Department with all aspects of the EU grant management procedures; be responsible for pre- and post-award administrative aspects, workflows and procedures.
- This includes the preparation guideline, checklists, tools, verification of budgets during the proposal, grant submission and grant preparation stages as well as project controlling and preparation of financial reporting during project implementation.
- Responsible for the implementation and improvement of good grant administration processes and procedures.
- Ensure that EU grants are pre-reviewed, submitted and followed-up after submission.
- Ensure contract and project implementation in full compliance to the funder’s rules and requirements.
- Ensure project management reporting, quantitative and qualitative, according to defined formats and project management guidelines.
- Support EU research activities by collecting information and identifying needs concerning administration of EU funding in order to establish best practice policies and procedures.
- Establish and update coherent central procedures for research data retrieval related to EU Grants.
- Contribute to internal cooperation and communication between Research Support Department and other research entities, projects and central services.
- Liaise with the internal and external stakeholders on matters relating to the financing of research policy and support.
What we expect from you…
- University degree preferably in management studies or equivalent professional experience in an area relevant to research support.
- Long track record and experience of grant administration in an EU support/research office function or within the European Commission Services.
- Experience with European Commission funding mechanisms, rules and requirements, with focus of developing procedures, workflows, templates, guidelines.
- Experience in coordinating competitive research grants and coordinating applications to competitive research grant.
- Experience maintaining accurate records including data entry, extraction, analysis, monitoring and compliance.
- Ability to liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders and build constructive and effective relationships.
- Good command of IT tools for data retrieval and data processing.
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to prioritise workload, keep deadlines, be able to work on different tasks in parallel.
- Very good communication, organizational and problem solving skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of English and fluent in French and / or German.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Location: Belval
- Internal Title: Project officer
- Job Reference: UOL04096
How to apply...
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …