The University of Vienna (15 faculties, 4 centres, about 174 fields of study, approx. 9.500 members of staff, more than 94.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.06.2018 of a
Reference number: 8513
The Department of Geography and Regional Research is part of the Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy. It offers scientific degrees in two bachelor programs, four master programs, taught in German, as well as a master program, taught in English, and a PhD program. For details on the Department, see http://geographie.univie.ac.at/en/home/.
The position is assigned to the workgroup of Economic Geography and will be placed in the research area "Geography of Innovation" (with a special focus on: disruptive innovation; regional structural change, industrial dynamics and diversification; innovation and regional policies). For details on the workgroup, see http://humangeo.univie.ac.at/.
Duration of employment: 6 year/s
Extent of Employment: 40.0 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
- Participation in research, teaching and administration at the Department of Geography and Regional Research / in the workgroup of Economic Geography
- International publishing activities
- Participation in research projects; independent research
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective Agreement (esp. on topics of economic geography)
- Supervision / support of students
- Project application and (external) fundraising
- Contribution to organization of conferences, meetings, symposiums
- Participation in evaluation activities and in quality assurance
- Examination activities
- Participation in administration of the department/workgroup
- PhD / Doctoral degree in the field of economic geography or a related discipline
- Professional competence in economic geography with a special focus on the geography of innovation
- Outstanding dissertation
- Research experience proven by refereed publications
- Experience in research management and guiding project assistants
- Experience in external fundraising
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Proven ability to work in teams
- Experience in teaching on university level
- Knowledge of university structures and processes
- Computer literacy
- Possibility for scientific qualification (cumulative (paper-based) habilitation; venia docendi)
- International contacts and networks
- An attractive and dynamically developing research location in a city with a high quality of life and well-developed instruments for research funding
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given)
- Description of research interests and research agenda (max. 3 pages)
- Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference
- Academic and other relevant certificates
- Writing sample (PhD thesis, international peer-reviewed articles, etc.)
Main research field
|Special research fields||Importance|
Human Geography, Regional Geography, Regional Planning
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna ( http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 04.05.2018, mentioning reference number 8513.
For further information please contact Trippl, Michaela +43-1-4277-48720.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity ( http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Human Resources and Gender Equality of the University of Vienna
Reference number: 8513