Last application date Sep 30, 2019 09:42
Department WE07 - Department of Organic and Macromolecular Chemistry
Employment category Research staff group 3
Contract Limited duration
Degree A (professional) bachelor or master diploma in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering / Polymer Chemistry / Organic Chemistry and/or Process Technology
Occupancy rate 100%
Vacancy Type Research staff
With the support of the IOF (Industrieel OnderzoeksFonds) we have a position available for a Lab Technican in the research group PBM (Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials) at Ghent University. At PBM the development of functional polymers for biomedical and bio-photonic applications are core expertise.
We offer an exciting full time position for two years, starting in october 2019, with plenty of possibilities for growth within a young entrepreneurial research team that has the ambition to create a new spin-off company within the next two years.
The Lab Technician will be a central person to support the researchers:
In this role you will:
• Optimize and upscale the synthesis of a range of polymers.
• Produce, purify and characterize the obtained polymers (in multi-gram to kg-scale)
• Evaluate and optimize the 3D-printing and crosslinking of the obtained polymers
• Characterize the obtained materials and write specification sheets
• Write SOPs, reports and keep batch records
• Analyze and interpret experimental results and propose recommendations to better standardize the methods.
• Monitor all deadlines and coordinate your work towards the agreed deadlines
• Contact suppliers and partners to follow up op project results
• Report to the supervising post-doc researcher, when required present results to the project team including professor and business developer.
• A (professional) bachelor or master diploma in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering / Polymer Chemistry / Organic Chemistry and/or Process Technology
• Knowledge and experience with polymer/organic chemistry and scientific principles related to the operation of standard laboratory, analytical and/or processing equipment.
• Experience in an industrial setting is an asset, particularly in the specialty polymers/chemistry field.
• Good communication and writing skills (English and preferably also Dutch)
• Being able to work accurate, independently as well as in team is essential.
• Dynamic and sense of initiative.
Please apply (motivational letter and CV) asap by e-mail to Jasper.VanHoorick@UGent.be or send to :
MSc. Jasper Van Hoorick
Polymer Chemistry & Biomaterials Research Group Department of Organic and Macromolecular Chemistry
Krijgslaan 281 – S4 9000 GentMehr
|Titel||Researcher - Department of Organic and Macromolecular Chemistry|
|Job location||Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 33, 9000 Gent|
|Veröffentlicht||August 21, 2019|
|Bewerbungsschluss||September 30, 2019|
|Fachbereiche||Organische Chemie,   Molekularchemie  |