KU Leuven Faculty of Engineering Technology organises bachelor and master degrees in Engineering Technology on six campuses across Flanders. On campus Diepenbeek, KU Leuven organises the program in collaboration with UHasselt. This vacancy is situated in the research group Embedded Systems & Security at campus Diepenbeek, affiliated to the research group Computer Security and Industrial Cryptography (COSIC) in Leuven.
- You will work on a PhD in the domain of data security in electronic systems and networks with a focus on hardware security. Topics of interest (to be decided based on the expertise and the interest of the PhD candidate) are FPGA security, hardware acceleration of network security applications, energy-efficient cryptographic hardware, security protocols and hardware architectures for the Internet of Things.
- You support the international visibility of the research group and the faculty through active contributions in international conferences and journals.
- Your educational tasks will consist of teaching classes and practical sessions under supervision of and in collaboration with the responsible staff member. This will take place within the bachelor and master program Engineering Technology on campus Diepenbeek of KU Leuven. The courses in which you will be involved are in the first years and/or the specialisation years of the bachelor and master program in Electronics-ICT, in the first place in the domain of digital electronics and embedded systems.
- You will start from existing study material, develop the necessary new study material and keep it up-to-date.
- You will closely cooperate with students, other researchers and professors.
- You will supervise students on project work, bachelor and master thesis. You will give feedback and evaluate them.
- You are accessible for the students.
- You participate in personal training on both the research-related and educational aspects of your task.
- You have a master degree in engineering with a focus on digital hardware design.
- You have good basic knowledge and hands-on experience in digital electronics and embedded systems.
- Teaching and developing new educational material is your passion. Experience in education is a plus.
- You can work independently and pro-actively, you are well-organized, accurate and stress-resistant.
- You are analytical, flexible and result-oriented.
- You are an enthusiastic and enterprising team player with innovative ideas that searches for improvements, experiments with new concepts and solves problems in a creative and clear manner.
- You want to dedicate yourself to spreading the mission and values of the faculty: you are open to other cultures and world views and you are motivated to work internationally.
- You have good communication skills and are fluent (written and spoken) in English. It is a plus if you speak Dutch.
We offer a full time contract as an assistant for the period of 2 years. In case of good progress, the contract will be extended until the end of the PhD.
Salary following barema 43 (https://admin.kuleuven.be/personeel/wedde/graadbarema/ap/barema43.pdf)
For more information please contact Prof. dr. ir. Nele Mentens, tel.: +32 11 75 17 62, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for this job no later than November 30, 2020 via the online application tool
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.